Mae Kuang Dam, the short Knoll Loop

 Having had a nice little stroll at Mae Kuang to the suspension bridge earlier in the week I wanted to take a stroll around the knoll.

So I did

Once again a most enjoyable  stroll in this wonderful area.

For this walk I parked in the parking area by the main dam and the first thing I did was to take a look at the water level markers and the view, something my good friend Bill got me into.

Then down the hill, which for a road is pretty steep.

Along the base of the knoll and as I approached the turn back up to the dam level I was fortunate enough to catch a cycle tour

Going up the road to the dam level I met this lady and her pal sporting a big triangular net

I asked her what it was for, and she showed me

Crabs for the pot.

Up to the dam level

And this time it was to take the road to the left and pass where I had parked the Burg the last time so if you fancy a stroll here and you think this and the previous stroll to the bridge are a bit short, no problem, just combine them (and yes I will be doing that and blogging it later).

I passed the road down to Uncle Charoen Pier's Restaurant


and came to the barrier which is not much of an obstacle, it just keeps the vehicles out
It is a nice peaceful stroll along here

I passed the track up to the "never again" deserted house. It is a steep road often overgrown.

Never again... Well maybe, but not this time😁

Soon I was descending towards the main dam
Round the barrier



And I was back at the Burg, walk over.
As always the animated map can be seen on Relive the link for which is HERE and I will also be putting it on AllTrails, let me know if you want the link if AllTrails do not deem it warrants being an official trail.

Comments

  1. I miss the knoll walks and the never again one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the company, thanks for the comment

      Delete
  2. What does the coloured Thai sign say?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will reply soon

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride