Ambling to Auf

 Ambling? I guess you know that term, but if you are not familiar with my bizzar wordplay, my taste in food or indeed, Chiang Mai and its eateries you may not know what "Auf" is referring to and, as you see so much of the Red Lion in my chart-topping blogs you may be wondering if it is a new tag for the roast:

Let me put your mind at rest, it has nothing to do with my love of the Red Lion's roast beef, I am, of course, referring to Auf der Au, a fantastic buffet with a German twist run by the wonderful Udo.

To get there I wanted to burn a few calories and as I wanted to have a chat with my doctor, that was my start point.

As usual there will be a Relieve at the end of this posting that has snaps with little or no tweaking on it, so I am not going to litter the main body of the post with duplicates.

Unless, of course, I think it is worth it or I have been using the creative lobe of my (aging) brain ๐Ÿ˜.

So the first port of call was to Airport mall to pay my internet bill that had mysteriously gone up by a chunk. The reason?

The annual discount that was agreed on internet charge was over and it seems you have to know this, not be warned of the new rate, OK lesson learned. Anway Having renegotiated I have renewed my deal but now I know this is the business practice there is a good chance it is for the last time.

My route then took me up to the moat where I passed 3 elephant square opposite Ku Hueang corner 

Further along I crossed the road and soon was by Wat Methang and another chance to take the phone out for a snap which, just like the one before, received a little tweak before I added it here:
Then I came across this tour company
No doubt it will come as a shock that I couldn't help thinking of this 
Yes, I stuck this on Facebook as well ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Paint your wagon was one of those films my mum took us to on holiday in Bournemouth. I think I had just finished my 2nd year at big school. At that age I really didn't want to go to the flicks with my family but, I am glad that was what happened. What a great movie and what a great cinema! I had never been to such a plush venue, it even had a bar ๐Ÿ˜‰.

Back to the amble and I called at the Red Lion where I was fortunate enough to have a chat with my friends Charlie Farlie and Kevin Delahunty and a beer before setting off and on the way the sun was getting nice and low over the Phra Chao Kawila Monument 

Then the very tasty buffet at Auf Der Au and I have made a bit of a slideshow using a program I have not used for yonks.

Rough and ready but here it is,

I don't normally eat a lot of puddings but the apple bread pudding is soooo gooood 
And to finish, here is the promised Relive. 

Until the next time, bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride