The Sunday Roast

 A couple of days sat at home, and I get a longing to stretch the legs.

What's the air going to be like I am thinking? 

It has been worse and as we had a trip to the market scheduled; I donned the mask the took the chance to walk back.

The air didn't look too bad at the river Ping.

As usual, I have it for you to Relive. 

One of the things that I didn't add to the Relive was the snap I took of this chap.
I can't help feeling for these people that are less fortunate than most of us. There are so many more of them in Chiang Mai after the devastating pandemic that not only took lives directly but continue to do so indirectly 😢


Later in the day I set out in what was stonking heat to take a slow stroll into the city, it's Sunday and I rather fancied a roast at the Red Lion and maybe a little drink in some other bars.
Here we go...
The chap that was gathering recyclable items was ever so cheerful and I was taken by the size of the bags on the motorbike to carry away his haul. He was happy that I wanted to picture them.
And the footbridge over the river Ping, you clatter as you walk on the metal sheet crossing it.
Did you see the chap fishing on the snap in Relive?
I thought it had been some time since I had taken refreshment in Number 1 so I called in for a quick one
As you can see there were not many this early.
I wandered along to see Chipmunk in Kalae Bar.
The Kalee bar is one of the best in Chiang Mai, good drink, fair prices, good service and a terrific restaurant association that allows great food as well.
They also are one of the few places that still offer you a cold wipe, so very welcome when it is 40℃ outside.
Then onwards passing the quiet Hard Rock Cafe
To the Red Lion where not only did I enjoy a terrific roast and good football, but I also had a pint or two of a beer with a widget, not something I had done for a while.
But now...
Coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride