And then it rained.

 May 8th and it was pretty darn hot, there has been talk of rain but at the time I walked into the city to buy Mrs T some of here favourite steamed buns and get more food for the little monster, none was to be seen.

Later in the day I had planned a little stroll into the city to enjoy a few hours celebrating the passing of another year in my pretty darn good life. Not only was it the anniversary of my birth but it was also the day the WHO officially said the Covid pandemic was now over.

Off I set in the stifling heat and by the time I reached the city I was hot, very sweaty and in need of coffee.

So I called into the comfort of Pantip, where the air-conditioning and coffee did wonders to my energy levels.

A short detour to help a tourist get his bearings and it was off to Kalae bar where the wonderful Chipmunk provided a refreshing cold towel as well as the most welcome cold beers.

If you have read my last blog you may have seen I took a snap of a bottle of Italian brandy

Well I really fancied trying so see if it was a good on the palate as it was on the eye.

I decided to try one and as a wonderful surprise, Chipmunk filled my glass as a birthday present.

The verdict...

Yes it is a very very nice brandy, mellow and smooth.

As drinking on an empty stomach seems to go straight to my head these days, I wandered round to the Red Lion where the Red Lion roast was the perfect accompaniment to a pint of Guiness.

The plan after eating was to return home and watch the last game of the Clarets season BUT, the heavens opened and Mrs T advised me that the power had cut at home.

So I stayed a little longer, and a little longer...

But eventually I went home, I had missed the footy, the power was still out and there was little I could do but sleep.

At least the rain made it cooler and today the air is much cleaner.

And that was May 8 2023.

And a Relive of the walk?

Of course...

Coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride