The family is getting bigger

 I didn't think there would be a blog today, after all I had enjoyed my roast beef the day before and Sunday was to be MotoGP day.

Before the days racing I was tasked  with getting such essentials as chicken and rice and should you so desire you can click HERE to see the Relive.

It wasn't as windy as Saturday when I set out and I was able to get some better snaps of the incredible baskets woven by what Google tells me is the The Asian Golden Weaver (Ploceus hypoxanthus).

Here are some of the snaps I took;




And as something of a contrast, on the return leg there was this blaze of colour;

I was just sitting down to lunch then, quite unexpectedly eldest daughter and granddaughter called in
But they didn't come alone...

Meet the new family members

These two youngsters have set up house although as they were just dropped on us we are ill prepared, not least because we know bugger all about the little darlings. We don't even know what make of tortoise they are never mind how to keep them healthy and happy so if anyone knows about tortoises and wants to share the info, please do.

We have now built a little pen for them to stroll about in. It is a little bit of a hastily cobbled together job and until we can get a little house with a door we can latch closed at night, they will be brought in in the evening as they look like youngsters and we don't want then taking on any predators.

They seem quite happy in there and look who has adopted them?

Yes Tang likes to be with her new friends and I am sure will make sure they are safe while she is around.

And the MotoGP, what a brilliant Moto3 race, the others were pretty good as well but the Moto3.

Fantastic.

Brew time...

Coffee.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride