Tripping in Chiang Mai

 Couldn't help the tongue in cheek😜title.

No I haven't been taking advantage of Thailand's pot culture, more of a shopping trip...

Yesterday was Chipmunk's birthday.

Chipmunk is the boss of Kalae Bar, a rather good establishment in the night bazaar area of Chiang Mai and being her birthday she had a party.

I couldn't believe the amount of food she put on, all free to enjoy.

Interestingly a number of westerners seemd hesitant to partake, maybe thinking there must be a cartch but that certainly wasnt the case for Thai people, they know when they are on to a good thing 😃

Here are a snap or two as a slideshow

And the tripping?

After a couple of wonderful hours at the party I thought if I continue to munch on the wonderful food I will be the same shape as in former years so I set out to walk to few hundred metres to the Red Lion where my wife would pick me up from.

Walking by the busy stalls on Chang Klan road I moved to to pass a bunch of girls that stopped to look at a stall.

I clipped one of their heels in doing so (I think heel) and tripped forward landing in an undignified heap on the pavement.

Hence the sack of spuds expression or is it nutty slack where you come from.

Either way I seem to have only minor injury, my ribs are sore and a bruised thumb being the main ones.

So, I am going to spend the day at home relaxing today, the most energetic thing planned is cleaning the pool.

Whilst I take a look at the Relive here

I am going to enjoy a brew. 
Coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride