Wet the walk, wet the whistle

 Rainy season, predictable as ever, and I predict I will get when it will rain wrong.

And so it was on Wednesday I decided I would take a little walk. I wanted to ask a question at immigration. Mind you in years past the huge impressive Promenada Resort Mall would have had an immigration office


and my route would have been quite different. What is to happen with this huge and once quite impressive build?

One of the things I though of doing on this little trundle into town would be to highlight a few tips should you be, like me, someone who like to walk for a beer into the city rather than take the car.

I've decided not really to do much on that on this blog but crossing superhighway 11 is worth a mention simple because it is the biggest uncontrolled crossing on the route I took


Back to the crossing of SH11 and even before you get to the actual highway itself there is a slip road to cross

and a 2 way side road
Another slip road
The main southbound carriageway
The main northbound carriageway
A frontage road
the west slip road
And a side road
The advice I give is be patient, sometimes it can take a while for a  gap in the traffic but even if you have to wait minutes, just wait. The green cross code man would have a field day
Walking along and there is the not too difficult task of crossing the railway tracks
I was a little surprised (I don't know why TiT) to see another mall being built.
Surprised simple because 2 established malls have gone to the wall in the last couple of years.

Arriving at the crossroads with the Chiang Mai Lamphun road I could see dark clouds massing

A few metres past the junction and a security firm as using the flyover as a drill hall
Then just before the River Ping the heavens opened and I took cover.
The rain lasted 20 to 30 min but with rivers and lakes formed on the route, I decided to grab a Grab to immigration. In one way I am glad I did.

They are doing some service work so the footpaths have been dug up, not just the one side of the road mind you, they dig both up at the same time😖

Still the rain had passed and I set out into the city. I confess my warped sense of humour had me smiling at the massage name

As it was so hot I  decided I should reacquaint myself with the lovely people at The Travellers Arms
And I called into Number 1 and found it was "happy time"
Here is Early Evening at Number 1
I fancied a bit of Indian food but it was Wednesday and Spices take a day of rest on Wednesday.

So I went to Kalae Bar, one of my favourite bars in Chiang Mai.

The staff here are so very very nice and it is one of the few places that still give you a nice cold towel to refresh yourself on the outside as the beer cools your inner self

And a tandoori mixed grill (maybe prompted by the fact I am looking at a motorbike ride with my friend Ian Henry and I recall a great Indian meal with him the last time we rode the length of Thailand.)which you can have at Kalae bar as they have a rather good arrangement with Al Osman restaurant a few doors away.
Fed and watered I retired to the Red Lion
And now I will have a brew. If you want to look at the Relive videos of the walks here is the LINK

Coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride