Hello July

The weekend and we move into the back end of the year. 6 months have passed, quite an eventful 6 months and now things are looking good with wonderful clean air in the post pandemic period.

Not that this weekend being the 1st and 2nd of July rally made a difference to me, my plans were to try and play with a time-lapse as evening drew close on the Saturday and watch the F1on Sunday.

So I did.

This is how it went:

It was just after 6pm when I arrived at at Stinky only to find there was very little water in the canal.

I strolled onwards, it has been some months since I was last here and there were many many more people here at that time. In the absent time there seems to have been a new bar opened, at least I dont recall seeing it before.
Onwards and I though it would be nice to have a beer at what my friend Charlie has tagged xenon bar although it is listed on Google as "ร้าน 166 หม่าล่าเบียร์วุ้น" which Google translates says is "Shop 166 Mala Beer Woon".
But it was closed and I headed back looking for a place to try and get the time-lapse from.

I ended up at the place I had thought may be the best place, "เจ๊ดาลาบขม" and once again, with the magic of Google translate I see that is "Je Da Lab Bitter".

I ordered a beer Chang and went upstairs.


As the night crept in here is a look from where I sat.

Would you like to see how the time-lapse came out?
I took a stroll heading back after the time-lapse (and another Chang) and took these along the way.


Although there were not too many people this place looked to be a popular place to dine at.
And with that I said bye to Stinky and strolled to the Red Lion.

As I has started the evening with a couple of Chang beers, I thought I would remind myself of Leo 8

And of course...

Supply shortages (I blame the EU) of Old Speckled Hen has lead to shortages and I grabbed the last one.

Some of these can be a bit "lively" so Nat took on the roll of opening the last one for me. I have had more lively ones but this one still needed a little care.

All in time for the F1 sprint race!

As you will have seen, I had my Sunday roast on Saturday so on Sunday I was able to treat myself to the Spices Chicken Madras Set.


And a wine or 2 at Moment & Wine
Every time I pass this sign I think this chap is blowing smoke out of his arse...
And finally, the Red Lion for the F1

And that, my friends, is how July started for me.

Coffee.






 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride