The Fiddle and the Formula 1

 If I was a rich man.

That's the silly little phrase over with. I assume the connection is easy😀

You may have read that Saturday was pretty good. It included a stroll into the city and the first stop was the Kalae Bar.

I cant speak to highly of the Kalae Bar, it is one of Chiang Mai's little gems. You always get a warm greeting, and more often than not a few complimentary nibbles.

Plus it is the only place I know that still gives you a cold refreshing towel which is so very welcome after a hot hot walk into the city

From there it was but a short stroll round the corner to the Red Lion where I was able to confirm the Old Speckled Hen was back.
And I was able to complement it with the superb roast beef dinned served there.
Before watching the F1 qualifying from the best track in the world, Silverstone.

But...

Sunday didn't start so well, my left eye felt like someone had been rubbing ground glass into it😭

And it took unto afternoon for it to slowly subside.

Fortunately it did and I was able to take a short walk into the city in the evening.

The good people at Moment & Wine had live music to compliment the fantastic wine.

Here is a little snippet

Most enjoyable as was the wine and cheese

Then it was off to the Red Lion for the British Formula 1 Grand Prix
All in all an excellent evening.

Coffee.

Places featured in this blog are; 

The Kalae Bar

The Red Lion

Moment & Wine


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride