That's AI for you

 AI, it is everywhere isn't it?

It's going to take over the world, lord knows Arnold Schwarzenegger has made a fortune when AI became "self aware".

So I thought lets ask a couple of popular AI apps out there what AI is, ChatGPT and Bard.

Both said roughly the same thing but I copied a bit of Bard for here as it was a little less verbose, this is a bit of what it said;

Artificial intelligence (AI) is the ability of a machine to perform tasks that typically require human intelligence. This can include tasks such as learning, reasoning, problem-solving, and decision-making. AI systems are typically trained on large amounts of data, which allows them to learn patterns and make predictions.

AI is used in a wide variety of applications

AI is a rapidly developing field, and new applications are being developed all the time. As AI systems become more sophisticated and powerful, they are likely to have a major impact on our lives in the years to come.

AI is still in its early stages of development, but it has the potential to revolutionize many industries and aspects of our lives.

As of this moment I am not bowled over by AI, or at least the AI I have access to. I do find ChatGPT and Bard helpful but sometimes they just seem to do the same as typing the enquiry in to a search engine.

But perhaps my greatest exposure to systems that claim to use AI is in the photo editing and cataloguing that I do.

I take a lot of snaps, they are not prize winning snaps and I would never expect that one would be popular enough to attract financial reward, it's a hobby and I enjoy it.

But nowadays just about all of the programs I use for my photos claim to have AI attributes and some market themselves primarily on that basis.

But is it AI?

I would expect AI to progress over time, the AI functions to adapt as the "intelligence" strove to achieve the desired function but instead I get the impression that the functions are simply following a defined well laid out set of instructions and lack the learning adaptation that to me AI would imply.

Maybe I have just got the concept of AI wrong. 

After all my logic does not enable me to understand why Huawei can be banned from large sectors of the global market place given there has been no proof or conviction of their misdoings for many years.

Of course the accusation may be correct after all it was President Trump that instigated the sanctions, such a moral and upstanding man...

Anyway all this is all waffle because my AI based photo culling software picked these snaps a social media hits this month, OK the most likely to be social media hits is more correct but what the hell, with no walk to talk about here is a slideshow of the pick of the pics.

Coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride