Seasons End

 Hello all.

Blog time, yes I know I do far more on social media now rather than taking the trouble to blog stuff but sometimes a blog works better.

I guess when your short time in the English Premier League (that's footy if you have never heard of it) is played out to a disappointing end, although relegation had already been confirmed before the final game.

As expected Manchester City proved themselves to be untouchable in both their financial matters and on the field taking the title, and Klopp said farewell to Liverpool with a home win.

Here in Chiang Mai it is still hot, it is down a little from the highs reaching highs of 36℃, perhaps a little more.

So walks can be a little draining, plus there is the possibility of a thunderstorm appearing which, I admit, does usually cool the air but it has a nasty habit of including high winds and heavy rain...

But I am no wimp so yesterday I went a walk into the city to get my wife her staple sticky rice.

I could have done that locally but I had seen Ballentine's had produced a limited edition packaging for their scotch "in collaboration with the iconic band AC🗲DC.

Yes all marketing but it sold me

On the way to the store I passed the stinky canal which had been taken over by rampant plant life and some rubbish.

It made think of Richard Burton's iconic narration in Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds" as the red weed took over the planet.

Later another walk into the city where I had decoded that my Sunday dinner was to be the wonderful OMG Sunday roast
Before taking my position at the Red Lion for the last time I will be there to see the Clarets in the EPL for a season.
I'll still be going in my Burnley kit though...

And there you go, a short blog to end the footy season.

Coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride