Better late than Never

 Sometimes you just can't get stuff done.

Friday the 17th of March was my paternal granddads birthday anniversary so I thought I would feature him on here even though he was pictured in the last post.


It is also St Patricks day and, here in Thailand a rather good excuse for making every effort to get punters to spend and spend.

It was also the day that our little monster, Tang was due to get her injections so off we went to the vet.

She didn't get too upset at the nasty man who thought she resembled a cute pincushion and, injections done and over, off she went with Mrs T home whilst I went for a bit of a stroll to take a little look at St Patricks day 2023.

As you will probably expect, I have tracked my wanderings and there is a Relieve but as I have yet to work out how I can put the Relive code into Blogger without is bunging in huge gaps and things making the post not in any way what I would want, at the moment I am adding the Relive video at the end.

In clean air I set off up Chiang Mai Land calling into Chi Chang to have a look as soundbars.

Shopping ant Chi Chang is nothing like it was when Promenada was open and they had the big department there. Now all they have space for is a very very limited range, relying on internet sales in the large part.

The thing is chaps, there are some items I just wont buy without trying and some items I want installed by the experts, all the stuff that was the norm in the Promenada days. And so, the range of soundbars did not include what I needed, and I wandered on calling at Khlong Mae Kha, more commonly referred to by some (me) as the stinky canal.

It was only 4.30pm so there was not many people there yet, so I took a selfie to prove I had visited
Onwards and I passed this nicely decked out eatery getting ready for the evening trade.
To fit in with domestic arrangements I tend to go out pretty early which as you can see from the snaps above, means I am out before the places I visit really start humming and, if I were to stay out until they were really humming my guess is I would be somewhat bladdered 😈.

But on the other hand you do get to see some pleasant things and I decided to have a short look at Wat Puak Chang 




A lot of my snaps are, of course on the Relieve but Relieve only allows mobile based editing, you can't edit on the Relieve PC interface so I can't apply a bit of photo magic to the images very well. 
Whilst on here, abracadabra 
So when I got to Katam corner I took a snap of a flower and added a bit of magic.
By the way did you know Katam Corner Katam means a trap to catch animals. Formerly, the city's freshwater channels began at the lua Lin Corner. Two channels ended near this corner of the city wall where the water collected in a pond that was rich with fish. People use fish traps (katam) to catch the fish. This city corner was therefore called the Katam Corner. The bastion was reconstructed in the years around 1800.
My friends the McCutcheon's has frequented a sports bar called Renegades whilst they were here, so I decided to take a look, it is well fitted out, but I found the fact that they don't list San Miguel Light as a "local beer" thus making it more expensive and the fact that prices are tax not included meant my beer was 129฿  and that is a little more than I want to pay for a bottle.
From there I walked to Moment & Wine where, rather than St Patricks day festivities going on, they were having a wine tasting to select some wines for their already rather good range. They very kindly invited me to join the tasting, as if I know anything about wine...
One of and the best of the wines was an Italian Merlot which I would never have guessed was a Merlot. Of the wines tasted it would be one I would like to see added to the choice at my favourite wine bar πŸ˜‹
After my wine I called at Number 1 but, being to early, there were hardly anyone there and only 2 serving staff. I asked them if they were doing anything for St. Patrick's day but they hadn't heard of St Patrick... Guess not then πŸ˜€. Still the music was decent and the bar lighting interesting.


I walked down Loy Kroh and saw little evidence of St Patrick's day, so I deiced it was time to enjoy some Red Lion hospitality, on the way I passed the newly reopened Hard Rock Cafe.
As you can see it was a little too early for the Hard to be rocking but the Red Lion was popular with the Leo lady 
And the Guiness gal.
I ordered my St Patricks day drink 
Not predictable at all.
Any something to eat. 
Well what did you expect πŸ˜‚?
Here is the Relive

Coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride