Steamed Pork Buns

 Never thought I would blog about steamed buns.

Well I am not really; it is just one of those things that happen.

Sunday evening and we had some serious wind and even a spot or two of rain.

Mrs T also is a busy bunny as she has, for the first time in many many years a full Tepin Baan Lek.

By Monday morning, the high winds has blown all manner of vegetation into the pool and so, the first task was to get it cleaned so that the enthusiastic 10-year-old guest could enjoy.

Then it was time to let immigration know we had overseas guests, we are required to do that you know, it's another of those rules that came in who knows when and they just can't bring themselves to take it of the things to do incase they upset someone's ancestors ๐Ÿ˜Œ.

We normally do this online, but our online account seems to be problematic, so we went in person to register the guests and sort the online bit.

That being done I wanted a little exercise, so Pin jumped into the driving seat, and I set out to have a nice little stroll into the city.

Which, of course, you can Relive here.

It was a pleasant little walk that included the chance to catch up with my friend Charlie over a coffee.
Whilst having a coffee, my wife called and requested I went to Wikunpanich Salapo to buy her some of the famed steamed buns, pork steamed buns. It is said that "if you have not eaten a bun from this long-established part of Chiang Mai's culture, you have not really experienced Chiang Mai".
Or so I am told ๐Ÿ˜‹ anyway I have linked the mane to Google maps so you can find it if you have the hunger and here is a snap as well although it is often easily recognisable by the long queues of customers waiting to be served.
Then back to the Red Lion for a cool beer.
Just before I go, I did also record this walk on the Huawei, I have yet to work out if I can embed it like the Relieve but here is The Huawei Walk link.
I am off for a brew.
Coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride