Viet Nam Preci, a Travelog Snapshot

 In many ways I decided to do this mini travel report (is that a mini-travelog?) to get something out there to you good people, I would not be able, I am sure, to be a reporter who has to meet a deadline! Not nowadays anyway.

There will be more detailed stuff of course but here are a few snaps and comments to give you a taster.

Most of my wanders are on Relive so you can take a look there.

Nor do I have the talent of such talented people as Kiran Sidhu, Harjit Sohotey and of course, that talented travel writer Simon Calder.

I spent a week and a half on a trip to Viet Nam, here are some of the things that I will be sticking out there for all to see in the coming days.

In line with tradition once at Chiang Mai airport and safely checked in, it was burger time.


My flight to Hanoi was with Air Asia, I was a very good flight and excellent value.


Day 1 Hanoi

I took in a show, the water puppets, do go and see it.


Then a walk around the lake.


A bit of light refreshment on Beer St


And a nice light Vietnamese dinner.


Day 2

A daytime walk that included the military history museum


The infamous prison


And Train St


Before setting out at night to have a look at evening from a skybar


And, surprisingly, Beer St


Day 3

More Train St


And around


Breakfast


Long Bien bridge


And a decent drop of wine


Markets en route


Before an evening on Beer St and the Monaco Grand Prix


Day 4 Hanoi to Hue

The trip is about 14 hours on the train and I didn't want to do the sleeper so it was an early start.


Once the station's waiting  room opened I watched as the room filled with passengers.


On the train


The hotel was small and intimate.


After the usual sprucing up, I set out and found a nice little place just a few hundred metres away.


And the larger and better known DMZ bar.


Day 5

My first full day in Hue, breakfast and the place I had targeted to try had moved.

Fortunately there was one close by and it turned out to be a good find.


Then a walk to the river and across the bridge.


And the Imperial city.


The evening started with coffee


Then a ginger beer


And a beer or two


Day 6


After breakfast I took a ride on a boat


To the Pagoda


Then in the afternoon I went for a stroll


Calling at the Ho Chi Minh Museum


And along the riverbank.


It really was too hot and humid to walk and my trousers were so soaked in sweat that at least one chap told me I should use the public lavatory rather than pee myself.


In the evening it was once more a coffee on the corner


Then food


And drink at DMZ.


Day 7 Hue to Da Nang

As I had to go to the station, I elected to have breakfast at the hotel this day


Then, to the station waiting room and Mr Bean on the TV


The train was pretty full but there is no problem with space for luggage


I checked into the hotel and took a look at the rooftop vantage point.


It was a decent view.


Then off to find a sports bar which, to be honest was not a real success


But as evening was upon us I grabbed some cans and took a look from the rooftop


Day 8

After breakfast


I went a walk


To the beach


Then across the river to find the sports bar that fitted my needs.


Before returning back to the hotel in time for the incredible firework display.


Day 9

I took a tour and the first stop was marble mountain


What an incredible venue


Then onto Hoi An old town


A ride on a little round boat


In the evening I took a stroll along the river


To the dragon bridge


Then to Bamboo 2 for the FA cup final


Day 10

My last full day and a pretty chilled one.


A walk by the river


And a couple of malls (snap just for Chris Jones)


Before returning to Bamboo 2 in the evening for food


Drink


And the F1


Day 11

The flight home and the taxi out showed the airport was not just for civilian operations


But an excellent flight


And back.


And that is about as brief as I could do the snapshot of the whole trip.

There is a massive amount of stuff to organise but...

More detailed stuff on the way😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympus Oldies Diary

A bit of an update

Olympus Oldies, the Pattaya Ride